- Absences – Back up and Pull
- Absences – Illness and Personal Emergencies
- Absences – Resident Leaves and Special Electives
- Academic Resources
- Chief Resident Roles
- Critical Case Conf
- Duties & Supervision
- Elective Rotations
- Elective Proposal
- Evaluation & Feedback
- Curriculum Descriptions
- Patient Comments, Complaints & Quality Improvement
- Procedure Log
- Progressive Responsibility
- Promotions Guidelines
- Scheduling Guidelines
- Scholarly Project
- Stress Mgmt, Resilience, Impairment
- Vacation & Time Off
To define the process for requesting your elective rotation.
Elective time is scheduled for 4 weeks in the EM-3 year. Various opportunities exist within the current system for enhancing resident education. These include experiences within the HealthPartners system, at other facilties, or internationally.
Submit elective requests to the assistant program director 6 weeks prior to the rotation. If an away rotation is requested, proposals must be submitted by August 15th. International away electives require extra arrangements and should be initiated several months in advance. There is no guarantee that electives away will be approved or financially supported—this depends on the location, dates, and content of the proposed rotation.
The following are needed for elective evaluation and approval:
1. Goals and Objectives
3. Evaluator (who will evaluate you and what criteria will be used)
4. Schedule of activities – What activities will be included in the rotation? )Shifts, clinics, research, teaching, rounds, etc.)
Residents with questions about elective possibilities should contact the Program Director or elective liaison to discuss their desired elective activities. Many opportunities take time and resources to arrange. There may be residency or GME financial support available for electives outside HealthPartners.
Date Last Updated
August 13, 2009
12. CORD tests
16. Peer evaluation
April 7, 2010